Well, I did what I set out to do in 2009. I had a baby. Jagger, you can call him Jag for short, was born on the 23rd of October. I had him in the wee hours of the morning, and texted right through my very natural labor. Don't hate! (= I'll be honest, I was unsure of how this would feel..having two babies insted of just the one. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to divide my time evenly. I was about as wrong as wrong can be. I have to give my first born props here, he's such an amazing big brother. He doesn't even have the tiniest hint of jealousy. He thinks that it is his job to keep Jagger safe and take care of him. Aiden calls Jag "My baby Jagger" or "My Jagger baby" and it's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. My boy is gonna make a fab Daddy one of these days, a long long time from now. You don't mess with Jagger around Aiden, as his cousin Luke found out shortly after Jaggers birth. You see, Luke is only 2 and though he should know better, like any other two year old he just doesn't care. Luke was being rough with Jag one day, and Aiden broke out in a full on death metal growl "NO LUKE! You NOT touch MY Jagger baby like that!" That's all it took, and Aiden was ready to throw down, and throw down he did. It's probably slightly twisted that I'm proud of my Aiden for this action, but I am none the less. I couldn't even be mad at him about hitting Luke, he was messing with his baby brother after all. Life as a mother of two little boys has been good to me thus far, and I anticipate it getting even better. I've always wanted a girl, and when I got pregnant with Jagger, I hoped that I would get my girl very much. I wouldn't trade my boys for 10 baby girls though, the bond that they share as brothers, even at the young ages of three years and two months, is more than I could have asked for. I have my sweet blond haired three year old Batman addicted angel, and my adorable brown haired two month old happy little love. It's everything I ever wanted, a second baby, but it's so much more than that. I adored my little family to begin with. Hell, I adored my little family when it only consisted of Justin and I, but to add a baby brother to the mix of the three of us, well...it's Heaven on earth! Jagger smiled at me for the first time a few days ago and I, as any mother to an angelic two month old would be, was just in awe and ecstatic over this. What caught me by surprise was the way Aiden handled this new situation. "Mommy, he smiled at 'chu, he loves 'chu Mommy!" Aiden said. He followed that statement with "Hey baby Jagger, I love 'chu! Awe! 'Chu sooooo cute" and that's all it took, my already huge grin got even bigger. I was prepared for jealousy, tantrums and near death experiences where Aiden would try to turn Jagger bassinet over, as these were the only types of stories I was told while pregnant with my second little blessing. What I got was so much different though, and it has proven to me that a three year old by can be as loving, gentle, compassionate and patient as any mother I know.
My Net Diary
13 years ago


2 comments:
This made me teary eyed!!
You have GORGEOUS boys Ash...def. blessed!
this is so sweet ash! i'm loving how aiden is protective of his little bro! stephen and shy have always had a special bond to and i love it! he's been protective of her from day one as well!
there is nothing freaking sweeter then sibling love! :)
Post a Comment